The US Green Building Council (USGBC) announced six recipients who will receive 2020 Greenbuild Leadership Awards at this year’s Greenbuild India conference. The awards recognise organisations and individuals advancing the development of sustainable and resilient buildings, cities and communities. Citi, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd., GMR Group, Infosys Limited, Tata Realty & Infrastructure and architect and engineer Padma Shri Ar C N Raghavendran honoured during the Closing Plenary on February 7 during the conference at the ITC Gardenia in Bengaluru.
“We know that India’s green building community plays an important role in helping the country combat the serious climate risks it is facing,” said Mahesh Ramanujam, President and CEO, USGBC and Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI). The Leadership Award recipients are being recognised for work that includes:
• Citi’s commitment to sustainable commercial interiors using LEED helps propel a better quality of life for all. The company began adopting LEED more than a decade ago and now has 32 projects, spanning more than 1.3 million square feet of space.
• Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) is a partner in developing the LEED v4 Building Operations and Maintenance: Transit (LEED v4 O+M: Transit) rating system.
• GMR Group is being recognised for its commitment to reliable and resilient practices that support a more sustainable airport community. Through their work, GMR Group earned PEER Platinum
certification for the Delhi International Airport Terminal 3 building.
• Infosys Limited has certified more than 50 projects under the latest version of the LEED, LEED v4.1.
• Tata Realty & Infrastructure USGBC and Tata are working to expand the adoption of LEED and WELL across the residential sector. The company has committed to certifying 20 million square meters of space under both certification systems.
• Padma Shri Ar C N Raghavendran is a partner at C R Narayana Rao Architects & Engineers. He has been responsible for the design, engineering and implementation of a wide variety of projects across India, the Middle East and larger Asia-Pacific region.